However, in 1030, was able to conquer the castle on his way to the.
In 1529, after the were repulsed at the , they destroyed Óvár almost completely, leveling all of its buildings, including the castle and the church.
In 1855, a railway station was built on the line from Győr to.
During the 17th century Magyaróvár enjoyed great urban development and some independence.
What followed was another period of peace, during which time Moson and Magyaróvár were administratively unified as Mosonmagyaróvár.
Though the town archives were now completely destroyed, the damage was repaired more quickly this time around, at least quickly enough to allow to use the castle as a base during his.
Due to the name's length, Mosonmagyaróvár is also referred to as Óvár amongst locals and Moson by foreigners.
There was significant industrial and urban development during the 13th century, when Moson once again found itself along a trade route.